The Birthing Suites at CMH
Have a peaceful, pampered delivery
CMH has a created a beautiful new facility for your happy and healthy labor and delivery. The warmth, personal touches and peaceful setting of The Birthing Suites at CMH provide a perfect place for new beginnings. Our three private suites are designed to provide a private and comfortable place for deliveries. Each suite is equipped with every amenity moms and their families could want for welcoming their little ones—with the latest medical equipment and expertise always at hand. Plan your delivery at CMH and feel calm and confident!
- Private bath and whirlpool
- Peaceful view of river and woods
- Flat-screen TV with DVD player
- Skytron lighting system transitions from soft lighting to full illumination
- Celebration dinner for new moms
- Obstetric family practice doctors with consulting obstetrician available
- Attentive, trained nursing staff
- Full range of medical services
- Babies “room in” with moms
- Lactation consultants
Qualified and experienced Family Practice Doctors
When you’re starting or adding to your family, it’s all about relationships. Isn’t it nice to know your doctor will care for you and your family through pregnancy, delivery, childhood…and the sniffles?
- Raiter Clinic Doctors and CMH Doctors are Fellows in the American Academy of Family Practice. To visit the Raiter Clinic website, click here.
- Dr. Skott Nielsen, Obstetrician/Gynecologist on CMH staff
- Epidurals, C-sections available; staff trained for transfer to NICU
- Our OB/GYN Nursing staff has received training and/or hold credentials in:
- BLS (Basic Life Support)
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support)
- NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program)
- CLC (Certified Lactation Counselor)
- ANLC (Advanced Nurse Lactation Counselor)
- CPST (Child Passenger Safety Technician)
- ALSO (Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics)
- STABLE (Program for stabilizing babies)
We’re prepared for any medical situation or emergency
If complications should arise, you can take comfort in knowing you and your baby will receive the finest medical help available. Our advanced life support systems offer the highest standards of technology, and our nearby surgical unit provides an added measure of security.
- Cesarean birth. Our medical team is fully trained and equipped to handle Cesarean births, both planned and emergency deliveries.
- Anesthesiology services available 24/7. Whenever you and your doctor might need them, an anesthesiologist is there for you, as well as certified, registered nurse anesthetists.
- Pain medications and pain management. Before the big day, we will teach you and your birthing partner about effective non-medical techniques for handling pain during labor. We’ll also provide you with detailed information about the variety of pain medications available during labor so you can make an informed choice when the time comes.
Childbirth education classes
Make sure you’re completely prepared for your family’s big event. CMH offers convenient one-day Childbirth Education sessions specifically designed for moms-to-be and their coaches with information about:
- The labor and birth processes
- When to come to the hospital
- Natural childbirth
- Labor complications
- Medication options during labor
- Breast feeding
- Post-partum and newborn care
Sessions cost $30, and include a handbook, a folder of resources, a tour of the Birthing Center, and lunch and snacks for you and a partner. Click here for a schedule of upcoming Childbirth Education sessions and to register.
For more information on Childbirth Education classes, call Stef at 218-343-6077; to register for classes call 218-879-4641.
For more information on the The Birthing Suites at CMH, call 218-879-4641.