Hospital expansion news
CMH expansion Project
- Adds almost 80,000 sq. ft., increasing our campus size by more than 50%
- 18 private inpatient rooms with WiFi, flat screen TV, generous space for family and visitors, and some rooms have an overhead lift system for ease of moving patients
- 3 Birthing Suites with WiFi, flat screen TV, whirlpool, microwave, refrigerator, special lighting system, special storage space for delivery equipment and views of the river and woods
- Secure newborn nursery
- 4 new intensive care rooms
- Special infusion therapy rooms
- Specialty Care Clinic
- New chapel
- New, greatly expanded gift shop
- Large family waiting area
- Expanded kitchen and cafeteria that seats over 100 people
- Meeting rooms for employees and the public
- Computer training lab
- In-house MRI in the Imaging Services department
Finishing touches are all that remain on $28 million construction project
The hospital construction project is nearly complete with only a few finishing touches remaining to be done. The project started two years ago and the end result is a facility that is basically brand new from top to bottom.
Watch for details in the near future about a grand opening of our newly renovated and expanded hospital.
Later in 2013, we’ll be inviting the public to tour the CMH hospital expansion project.
You can check out our construction progress, leave a comment or even ask a question at the project website created by CMH and Boldt Construction. The site includes photos and updates and can be viewed here.